You’ve probably noticed that your skin and hair fluctuate with your diet. When you’re drinking water, eating the rainbow and getting enough quality protein, your hair is softer, shinier and faster growing. Interestingly, the old saying ‘You are what you eat’ holds particularly true when it comes to your scalp and the hair it produces. Here are a few of the foods that our experts recommend to combat thinning hair and to aid overall hair health:
• Chicken: one of the best sources of B vitamins, which is essential for healthy hair growth
• Salmon and Avocados: our bodies can’t produce Omega 3’s, so healthy fats are critical for nourishing follicles
• Legumes: a wonderful source of vegetarian protein, they’re saturated with zinc, biotin, and iron, providing a wide range of hair benefits
• Almonds, Walnuts and Eggs: rich sources of Biotin and Vitamin E, to protect against loss and anti-oxidize the scalp
• Cruciferous Vegetables (Broccoli/Brussel Sprouts): rich in folate which encourages healthy cell division, they help nurture weak or brittle hair
• Bone Broth: Collagen gives skin its elasticity and hair its strength, but it declines as we age. Bone broth is an excellent way to replenish.
• Citrus and Papaya - loaded with vitamin C, which protect and maintain Collagen stores, essential to healthy growth